Signs Your Air Conditioner Is Need Repair in Rancho Penasquitos
Rancho Penasquitos is a quaint community, but like any other home in the San Diego area, it needs dependable air conditioning. Air conditioning units, regardless of the type of system, will eventually need air conditioning repair San Diego. No matter how it is carefully maintained, aging and normal wear and tear are bound to take a toll on the AC.
Every homeowner must know what to do when faced with AC issues. A homeowner’s response time is critical in remediating AC concerns. Unaddressed air conditioning problems tend to worsen and raise electricity bills.
As soon as there is something wrong with the AC, the homeowner must call on a licensed Rancho Penasquitos HVAC Contractor who can address the matter right away. AC repair San Diego
Here are some signs that an air conditioning unit needs repair:
- The AC no longer cools the whole house the way it used to. The best indication that there is something wrong with the AC unit is when it no longer produces cold air the way it usually does. There are many possible reasons why this happens. It could either be any of the following:
- The thermostat is in the wrong setting.
- The thermostat is broken.
- The filters are clogged and dirty.
- The condenser or outer unit is obstructed and may be clogged and dirty.
- The HVAC ducts are leaking.
- The refrigerant is insufficient or is leaking
- The compressor is worn-out.
Only a licensed local HVAC Contractor can accurately diagnose AC troubles. They should be consulted on concerns like this right away.
- Strange sounds are coming from the AC. The AC usually operates silently. It is designed to work without noise. So when the air conditioning unit can suddenly be heard, then there is something wrong with its operations. For instance, there could be a screeching noise or a clanking sound. These sounds mean that something loosened up on the AC mechanism. Ask a Rancho Penasquitos HVAC Contractor to address the matter immediately.
- Unusual odors. When the AC begins to emit odors, it is usually a sign that there is something wrong with the system. Sweaty socks like smell indicate that molds may have grown in the unit or the ductwork. Rotten egg odor, on the other hand, is a warning sign that there is a natural gas leak, and this has to be taken seriously. Evacuate everyone inside the home and ask for emergency contractor help. A burning electrical smell meanwhile clues in on a possible electrical problem with the unit. The homeowner needs to turn off the unit right away.
- The electric bill is way too high. Skyrocketing utility bills signify trouble in one of the most used equipment at home. The AC is not turned off; hence it could be the culprit. When the AC is overburdened, it tends to consume more electricity than it should, making bills soar.
- The fuses or breaker keeps on tripping. When the fuse or circuit supplying power to the air conditioning unit keeps on tripping, there is something wrong with the AC. It is overworking because there may be a mechanical problem, or the filters are clogged. When the HVAC uses more power than it usually needs, the breakers trip and the AC unit loose power. Get in touch with an HVAC Contractor right away so that he could check the AC.
- The thermostat is malfunctioning. When the thermostat is not working correctly, it may be because it is malfunctioning already. Check if it has batteries, and double-check if there are heat-generating appliances next to where it is installed. If that is not the case, have a licensed Rancho Penasquitos contractor take a look at the issue. It is also wise to consider upgrading into a Smart or programmable thermostat.